Followers

Sunday 8 July 2012

The Mighty Pie

For our Jubilee Party at Godmersham Church I made a rather large pork pie. It was tasty but some messing around with the recipe by me made it a little dense in texture.

Yesterday I had another attempt following Marcus Wareing's method exactly and it has worked very well. You can find the recipe here www.bbcgoodfood.com

This time I made three smaller pies


This is a very straightforward recipe, if you have a copy of Olive magazine from May this year there is also a step by step picture guide. It is many years since I last made hot - water crust pastry and had forgotten how easy it is to work with.

I thought you would also like to see the original mighty pie at its Jubilee picnic


and here are a couple of the party itself





No comments:

Post a Comment